Dear International Huskies,

Greetings from CISS!  I hope that you are enjoying your last days of Spring Break, we missed you on campus this week.  I’m writing with some tax season updates.

First, if you have been waiting for your 1042-S for Wages to be issued by the State of CT – good news! – these forms were just issued last week and mailed out to the home address on file in Core CT. Previously we shared that these forms would be available in CoreCT this year, but they are not available electronically in CoreCT, paper forms have been mailed out.  If you do not receive your 1042-S form in the mail by 03/22/2024 please open a ticket with the Payroll Helpdesk and the Payroll Office can help you  to reissue the form and provide it to you securely.  Visit: https://payroll.uconn.edu/ > Click on the green Payroll Help Desk button > select “International Taxation”  and describe your situation.

Second, join us for the last Tax Filing Webinar for International Students this semester!

ISSS will offer a virtual workshop on Tax Filing Requirements for International Students and Scholars especially for those international students and scholars who need to file a 2023 tax return. International students and scholars who were present in the U.S. in 2023 have certain tax forms they need to fill out, even if they didn’t work or earn income.

Join ISSS to learn about what tax forms you need to file, and what resources UConn offers to help you prepare your taxes!

Monday March 18, 2024

10:00-11:00 am

Join Here:

Meeting Number (access code): 2632 899 2722

Meeting password: 3TXxRbRWW34

___________

Arthur Galinat
Director, International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS)
UConn Global Affairs
Center for International Student & Scholars (CISS)
2019 Hillside Rd., U-1083
STORRS, CT 06269-1083
PHONE: 860.486.3855
FAX: 860.486.5800

EMAIL: [log in to unmask] | http://isss.uconn.edu
Facebook: @UConnGlobal  | Instagram: @uconn.global

To unsubscribe from the INTERNATIONAL-L list, click the following link:
https://ListServ.Uconn.edu/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=INTERNATIONAL-L&A=1